Grade II Listed Conversion
Guyzance Hall is one of Northumberland’s most enchanting country estates occupying an area of some 350 acres. The heart of the Estate, seat of the Milburn shipping and coal mining family since 1885, is the Victorian mansion with its carved stone crests and central castellated tower, built for Sir John Milburn by the eminent Newcastle architects Henry Knowles and Charles Errington. Its centre piece is the beautiful River Coquet (a Site of Special Scientific Interest), which loops its way gently across the Estate before flowing into the North Sea at nearby Warkworth providing several miles of single and double bank salmon and sea trout fishing.
Guyzance Hall, listed Grade II, sits majestically in the centre of its land, fringed by mature wood-land, with dramatic southerly views across formal gardens and the river below. Notable features include the intricately carved 18th-century pine panelling in the dining room reputedly from North Seaton Hall, which was demolished in the early 1900s and the grand 160m2 Edwardian ballroom with its minstrels gallery, and coffered ceiling supported on massive central columns.
Nicholson Nairn have been involved in works to a number of listed structures within the estate to date. These include the following:
• Strategic Assessment of over-all estate
• Re-roofing and chimney replacement to west wing of
• Re-roofing of West Lodge
• Alterations, extension and refurbishment of North Lodge
• Re-roofing of original byre
• Hydro electric scheme